Friday, November 2, 2012

Star Spangled Afghan

I'm heading to another one of my buddy's weddings this weekend, and that means another blanket.  Their wedding colors are navy and cream, so I pondered for a while what I would do with those colors.  Here's what I came up with: using stitch 25.  I like how this ended up, it looks kinda like the stars on the United States flag.  If I ever crocheted a flag, I'd use this stitch for the stars.  In any case, I'm very pleased with this afghan and hope the newlyweds will be as well.

Color Pattern:
1 row of navy, (1 row of cream, 2 rows of navy) repeated, ending with 1 row of navy and a navy border.  

Here's how to make it:

Chain 152, then work stitch 25 until work reaches desired length.
Add this border and you're done:
Round 1: sc around, 3 sc in corner
Round 2: dc around, 5 dc in corner
Round 3: sc around, 3 sc in corner
Round 4: dc around, 5 dc in corner
Round 5: sc around, 3 sc in corner

I used I Love this Yarn in Navy and Cream with a J hook to make this. 

It took 3 skeins of cream, and 8 skeins of navy to complete this.

1 comment:

  1. This worked up awesome! I really like it..and, of course, now I want to make one of my own...adding it to "the list"

    TracyAnn from www.crochethappy.com and http://asktracyann.crochethappy.com

    ReplyDelete