Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Quick Baby Hat

So a friend of mine is having a baby girl soon, and her baby shower was this weekend.  I had already decided to give her a baby blanket, and let her pick it out.  About an hour before the shower, I decided to try to make a baby hat.  Because of the time constraint I decided to just design it on the fly and see if I liked it.  My first attempt started at the bottom of the hat, the largest point, and narrowed.  Midway, I looked at what I had made and it looked like it could be a skirt for a Barbie doll.  So, I simply cut the yarn and started over.  My next attempt, I started at the top and went down which worked much better.


This project came out very small, but then, babies are very small.  This was a first attempt at really designing  a baby hat, so some modification and optimization is needed.  However, my friend loved it and said that if it's too small, or once it's too small, it'll be great as a doll hat.  So in any case, it was appreciated and will be used. 

Here's how I made it:
Chain 4,
Round 1: 15 dc in 4th ch from hook, slip st to join
Round 2: ch 3, dc, (2 dc in next dc, dc in next 2 dc) around, slip st to join
Round 3-6: ch 3, dc around, slip st to join
Fasten off, weave in ends.

Fold up the last row to finish.


I made this using Baby Bee Too Sweet yarn and an E hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment