Monday, June 18, 2012

The Return of Stitch Thirteen!

Since my favorite stitches from the book are One and Thirteen, I decided that I needed to use them again.  I made a purple and yellow checkered baby blanket from stitch one, and now I've made two more out of stitch thirteen.  I made the two of them exactly the same but with different yarn.  I am still endeavoring to clean out my stash, so I made one out of the sparkly pink yarn I used for the stitch Seventeen baby blanket.  I've previously stated that I thought the elegance of stitch thirteen would be disguised by stripes or variegated yarn.  I decided to test that out using the rainbow yarn I've used several times.  This yarn is so pretty that it will look great with any stitch. 


I've concluded that the stitch works fine with any color pattern.  It works better with some but it is such a gorgeous stitch that it will accommodate whatever you want to do.  It's interesting enough in and of itself to be done in a single color, and it can handle whatever else you throw at it.  This is definitely a stitch to have in your arsenal. 

Here's the pattern:
Chain 92, then work the stitch until work is square.   Add the standard border:
Round 1: sc around, 3 sc in each corner
Round 2: dc around, 5 dc in each corner
Round 3: sc around, 3 sc in each corner
Round 4: (sc, ch 3, sk 1) around, (sc, ch 3, sc) in each corner

I made these using Baby Bee Sweet Delight Pomp Iris Dream yarn or Bernat Baby Coordinates Candy Baby yarn with a J hook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment