Tuesday, June 19, 2012

On a more serious note: Be Ready


Let me just preface this by saying: I am all right, I was not hurt. 
Driving to the lab today, it was a fairly normal morning, though I did get out the door a bit later than I had planned.  I had just gotten on the interstate and was messing with the radio.  I heard a horrible screeching sound, thought, ‘Oh no, what’s wrong with my car.’  I looked down at my gauges and it all looked normal.  I then saw a white sedan driving perpendicular to the interstate, cutting across several lanes of traffic, from the left lane to go off the shoulder, flip, then flip again to rest right side up.  This car nearly hit me.  A couple of seconds was the difference between me being T-boned and me being completely fine.  I nearly died today.  So, maintain your vehicles, drive safely, be alert, and be ready because you never know when your time is up.

1 comment: