Thursday, January 26, 2012

And then we have: Stitch Three!

I was skeptical when I began this stitch, and I honestly disliked it for the first few rows.  It bunches and twists and is generally difficult to work with until the fabric is large enough for it to easily lay flat.  Around row three I was dreading finishing this baby blanket.  Thankfully, the stitch gets much easier to do, and I genuinely like the stitch now.  However, I would not recommend this stitch for a scarf that is begun with a long chain.  A scarf with a short chain with lots of rows could work .This is a particularly warm stitch because the fabric generated is so solid.  There is a slight zigzag pattern inherent in the stitch, a kind of soft ripple.


The color pattern I used is 1 row of green, 2 rows of pink, then (2 rows of green, 2 rows of pink) repeated, ending with a single row of green .

So, here's how I made it: ch 92 then work the stitch until the work is square. Then add a border:
Round 1: sc around, 3 sc in each corner (pink)
Round 2: dc around, 5 dc in each corner (pink)
Round 3: dc around, 5 dc in each corner (green)
Round 4: dc around, 5 dc in each corner (pink)
Round 5: (sc, ch 3, sk 1) around, (sc, ch 3, sc in same stitch) at corner (green)

I used Lion Brand Pound of Love baby yarn in Pastel Green and Pastel Pink and a J hook to make this.

No comments:

Post a Comment