Saturday, February 2, 2013

Naturally next: Stitch Two!

My first impression of this stitch was not favorable.  Based on the swatch shown in the book I thought it was going to be too open, and somewhat boring on top of that.  I was pleasantly surprised when I tried it; it's actually a stitch I conceivably would use again.  It's quick, easy, and essentially mindless.  The striping pattern is what keeps it from being boring.

Color pattern:
2 rows of white, (2 rows of maroon, 2 rows of white) repeated, ending with 1 row of maroon.  Border is maroon.

Chain 90, then work stitch until square.  Add the border to finish it.
Round 1: sc around, 3 sc in corner
Round 2: dc around, 5 dc in corner
Round 3: sc around, 3 sc in corner
Round 4: (sc, ch 3, sk 1) around, (sc, ch 3, sc in same stitch) at corner

I made this with Bernat Satin yarn in Bordeaux and Snow with a J hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment