Tuesday, February 5, 2013

And then: Stitch Three!

In the interest of trying out new color patterns, I tried this one striped in maroon and white.  I'm not overly fond of the result;  it looks a little messy and thrown together, or at least that was my impression as I worked it.  However, I think that's simply the result of the striping pattern.  If it was one color, like it is in the book, it would be gorgeous.  It's not overly complicated or difficult to do, and it grows at a reasonable pace.  I'll probably reuse this but using only one color in the future.  It would be good for scarves, shawls, baby blankets, and afghans.  I'll probably make an afghan out of it at some point. 
In any case, here are the details:
Color pattern:
2 rows of white, (2 rows of maroon, 2 rows of white) repeated, ending with 1 row of maroon.  Border is maroon.
Chain 92, then work the stitch until work is square.  Add the border and you're done.
Round 1: sc around, 3 sc in corner
Round 2: dc around, 5 dc in corner
Round 3: sc around, 3 sc in corner
Round 4: (sc, ch 3, sk 1) around, (sc, ch 3, sc in same stitch) at corner

I made this with Bernat Satin yarn in Bordeaux and Snow with a J hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment