Thursday, March 8, 2012

Zipping through: Stitch Nineteen!

I know that black is not typically a baby color, but this is a pretty black mixed with pink and white. I've had it in my stash for over a year and decided it was time to use it.  As to the stitch itself, I like it as it is.  I like that it would be easy to modifyto have longer stretches of the repeated rows.  That would give it a slightly different look, and would allow for different color patterns.  One issue with the stitch is that you have to pay attention to how many repeats you have done; there should only be three.  Several times I started a fourth row and had to pull it out, but that is truly a minor problem.  This stitch would be appropriate for scarves or blankets.

Here's how to make it:
Chain 93, then work the stitch until it is square. Add the standard border and you're done.
Round 1: sc around, 3 sc in each corner
Round 2: dc around, 5 dc in each corner
Round 3: sc around, 3 sc in each corner
Round 4: (sc, ch 3, sk 1) around, (sc, ch 3, sc in same stitch) at corner

I made this using Baby Bee Sweet Delight Frolic yarn and a J hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment