Friday, May 25, 2012

Zipper Blanket

So, another of my buddies is getting married this summer.  I am therefore gifting the couple with one of my crocheted afghans.  This blanket essentially consists of panels of three alternating colors separated by a row of front and back post dc.  This row looks like a zipper to me, so I've thought of this blanket as my Zipper Blanket.  This blanket does not use any of the color patterns that prevent yarn cutting, so there are lots of strings on this blanket.  I would not make another one of these for that very reason. 

Here's how I made this:
Chain 209

Row 1: dc in 4th ch from hook, dc across (yellow)
Row 2-6: ch 3, turn, dc across (yellow)
Row 7: ch 2, turn, (fpdc, bpdc) across, hdc in last stitch (purple)
Row 8: ch 2, turn, (fpdc, bpdc) across, hdc in last stitch (brown)
Repeat rows 2-8 for the pattern, ending with a block of yellow, changing colors in this order (yellow, purple, brown)

Border:
Round 1: (fpdc, bpdc) around, 3 hdc in corner (purple)

I made this blanket with I Love this Yarn in Hot Yellow, Coffee, and Mixed Berry, with a J hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment